Aarp Secure Horizons - Forced to go in-network unqualified surgeon
A fall face first onto concrete resulted in smashed nose, deeply lacerated face, concussion, brain bruise.
Secure Horizons would not allow me to go out-of-network quote “when there are qualified doctors here." THERE ISN’T.
After many surgeon visits, I was told to go to Dr.Christine Puig by Secure Horizons. She assured me she was qualified as did her nurse. Surgery was one hour. The bill over $23,000; anesthesiologist $770.00. Two days later, ear cartilage not secured in nose, floated up under my eye where it remains causing pain, right nostril blocked, nose mis-shapen.
This doctor clearly is NOT qualified and caused more damage. Two years ago my surgeon out-of-network did perfect five hour surgery for $24,000. Secure Horizons refused to authorize him for this complicated surgery. Adding insult to injury I now have a 20% co-pay.
$2,000 later I am worse off due to Secure Horizons not believing I knew who could repair my damaged nose and there IS NOT a qualified surgeon in network.Now what do I do?
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Refund all out-of pocket money, pay all costs for me to go out-of-network to my qualified surgeon. I will consider foregoing larger claim for pain and suffering.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Plastic Surgery
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I live in a rule area, I pay state farm $5,000.00 a year. On 5/13/14 a person back into my car in a parking lot, my car wasn't damaged. When..."
- "My husband of 56 years and I immigrated to the U.S. from the Philippines to live with my daughter and family, and I became an American citizen soon after. ..."
- "When i filed my claim with the state farm agent, i explained the situation i was having on my property. At the time i contact the agent we were having water..."
- "Since obtaining business service internet over the past 45 days, our connection drops daily and several times during the day. I have called customer support twice to no avail. The..."
- "My husband and I went to Hardees to grab something to eat thinking it would be a fast, easy and hot dinner. Well everytime I come to this location it..."
- "I had booked my travel from Mumbai to London via Abu Dhabi via Etihad Airways and have had the most horrible and horrid experience I have had in my lifetime..."
- "My Husband ordered a Valentines Day bouquet of flowers for me from FTD.COM. He upgraded to a larger version of the order on their website. What I received..."
- "I am one of the thousands of Nuwave oven users that had the dome crack during normal use. I have had this unit only 57 days. I contacted..."
- "Ordered at shirt, took two months to get it and when I did receive it, it was missing letters. Have yet to hear from anyone at teechip. ..."